Sunday, May 10, 2009

Because It's Mother's Day, and that means ME. . .

. . . I started my day opening gifts from hubs and kids, some were sweetly homemade and some decidedly not, like the bottle of '06 Franciscan Cabernet. Mmmmm. I decided it would be bad form to crack it open before 9 a.m.

. . .I sat in church and breathed in the smell of polished wood, peonies, and love.

. . .I spent the afternoon planting two blueberry bushes, a gift to me from me. Now I'm giving them their privacy so they can go forth and cross-pollinate.

. . .I made a huge pot of collard greens for dinner, just the way I like them: shamelessly overcooked into silky, smoky goodness with the help of a hunk of salty bacon.

. . .I decided to adopt Ms. O'Hara's school of thought: That other worry will have to wait til tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms, and those of you are missing your mom, or who got to have fun with your mom today, or for those of you who just have a mother's heart. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you.