Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mom, Don't Be Mad. . .

I know it's not the end of the world but I just hate hearing those four words.  And, in our house, they are normally spoken at bedtime, when it's far too late to do anything about what I'm not supposed to be mad about. 
Turns out, what I wasn't supposed to be mad about last night was the fact that the next day was the last day of school before the holiday break and SOMEONE had a report due.  All this is
being worked out thanks to a kind teacher who allowed the wayward student to finish up the project over Christmas vacation.  Thank God for teachers with big hearts.
BUT.  Because I'm human and although deep down I realize that of course this is small potatoes in the big scheme of things, stuff like this frustrates me to no end because when my kids make boo-boos, big or small, I feel as if I've failed them somehow.
But, alas, it's  Christmastime so I'm stoicly on the sofa with the kids watching a country music Christmas show with lots of gorgeous fake scenery.   It's slowly putting me in a more jovial mood.
Tomorrow is my last day of work before having a few days off, and the next day we're headed to Bryson City for a ride on the Polar Express.  If I'm not in the spirit by then, well, there's just no hope for me.  But I'm optimistic.  :)

No comments: