Sunday, April 3, 2011

Random April Updates

1. I woke up early Friday morning to the unmistakeable sounds of Nate getting sick in the hall bathroom. Several high temp readings and one Dr.'s visit reminiscent of a hog-tying later, we were sent home with orders of fluids and rest. It's just a virus, but a wicked one. However, our boy is not so weak that he doesn't require one robust-sized mom and a seasoned nurse to hold him down while a strep test is being administered.

2. Today is day three of Nate's sickness and spring finally decided to arrive with gorgeous 70-degree temps and clear skies. Watching him stare out the window at the neighborhood kids playing basketball at the goal at the end of the street is heartbreaking.

3. Olivia and her cousin Emma are in our church's spring musical this evening. They each have several lines and have been practicing for weeks and weeks. My job is to videotape something other than my toes and the heads of the people sitting in front of me so Nate and Mark can watch it later.

4. I watched a Disney TV movie called "Starstruck" with the kids last night, starring Sterling Knight (please God that can't be his real name). Unbelievably horrible.
I found myself saying things like "Um, most girls don't care that much about cars, Honey." and "I'm pretty sure she's too young to go to a concert without a parent."
Anyway, somehow I've got this insanely catchy song from the movie burning a hole through my brain:
"Somethin' about the sunshine, bay-beee, seein' you in a whole new light!
LA's cool with the palm trees swayin', OOH it's so right!"

Help me.

1 comment:

dawn said...

ear worms are an unfortunate by product of the disney channel. luckily, i have no idea what the tune of this perky little ditty. otherwise, i'd have to kill you. glad nate is better. sterling knight....bwahahahahaha!